THE STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS 2018 

Related image


The third State Of the Nation Address of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte was held last July 23, 2018 at the Batasan Pambansa in Quezon City. Unlike his previous SONAs the President’s speech lasted for around 48 minutes. In terms of numbers, the President did not tell a single curse. The President's SONA topics consisted the  Human rights,War on Drugs, Corruption, Bangsamoro Organic Law , Contractualization, Boracay development, the train Law,the west Philippine sea, Healthcare services, Terrorism and Environmental issues.

I tried reading the transcript and seeing how long it was, I opt to look for the highlights of his speech. I didn’t watch the video because I don’t really watch SONA of any of the past presidentI was expecting that he will highlight the government’s accomplishments. I guess he is less interested in that. Again, typical on his speeches is war on drugs, human rights and etc. 

One time, I read the news and learned that our economy actually boosted faster than ever before. The economical boost wasn’t obvious. And when I heard about the SONA, I wished that Duterte would address the “How” behind this economical development. 


I was impressed.
When he first campaigned for the presidential elections, he always tells that “change is coming”. So, I hoped for it and even, shamefully, supported him.





https://sa.kapamilya.com/absnews/abscbnnews/media/2017/news/12/14/121417_du30.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pakikipag-ugnayan Gamit ang Makabagong Teknolohiya